Feb

The Direction Field method is used to find the shape of the function that yields a field of slopes going through various points. (Here is a lecture about it on youtube). One wonders if it might be useful to use it to find the shape of a predictive function during the remaining part of a period. For example, using the changes on each of the previous 4 days to predict the change of the fifth day. One has explored some tendencies in that direction without much success but finds it opens up some interesting speculative ideas. In any case, it's a nice foundation to put in ones' Ken, especially for those who like geometry.

Comments

1. You F A on February 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Name: You Fucking Asshole | E-mail: assface@gmail.com | IP: 76.173.218.72 | Date: February 6, 2014

Gee, asshole, thanks for the info…AFTER THE FACT. Go fuck yourself.

2. You F A on February 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Name: You Fucking Asshole | E-mail: assface@gmail.com | IP: 76.173.218.72 | Date: February 9, 2014

Everyone is an advocate for free markets until they need a bailout from the government you asshole losers. Wall Street and the Banks were imploding in 2008 and they were all going under, but your fucking free market mentality wanted bailed out, and you got lucky.

Welfare for the rich goes on all the time. Tax breaks for everything. Home ownership welfare subsidies. You are all pieces of shit losers who don’t even know what you are talking about.

If Wall Street crooks and scammer Hedge Fund clowns (and their wives) had to actually pay the price when they scammed the world, then it wouldn’t happen as much.

Even LOSER Victor Niederhoffer still lives in a mansion after losing everyone’s money with his idiotic theories and maniacal gambles. Get lost, losers.

3. You F A on February 11, 2014 7:30 pm

You should tell them about your brilliant strategies where you gamble other people’s money while leveraged up. I suspect you are going to lose it all again soon, and make it three for the money

Three big blowups. The audacity that you have to be the world’s biggest market loser, and then to claim you can recognize a brilliant talk….wow.

Buffett says that when a manager with a reputation for brilliance meets up with a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the businesses reputation that remains intact.

Your garbage posts suck. How’s that silver collection working out? Oh, that’s right, you sold at the all-time lows. Nice job, jerk.

4. jeff watson on February 11, 2014 8:06 pm

F A question to you. When you were a little child and your mother took you to the pediatrician, did you ever hear him mumble in hushed tones to your mother the words, hydrocephaly or crack baby? Just curious. It sounds like there is something physiologically wrong here. If I were you, I’d get an MRI and CAT scan to see if every thing is right between the temples.

5. Rob Liu on February 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Niederhoffer should do a post about his top hate mail

6. JH on February 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Dear Rob,

I wouldn’t recommend doing that. Just ignore them for the cruelest punishment to these hate mail offenders is indifference.
    Love and Hate are two sides of the same token. You have to know and care someone dear enough to do either.

7. Shane Hurren on February 12, 2014 8:22 pm

There would probably be too many. Just imagine all the bad thoughts some must have of him. Those are the worst kinds of people. I hate people with bad thoughts of me. I want to reach into their brain and scoop out their thoughts and drain them through an NSA DARPA filter because I’m scared of what they could do to me.

Did I also say I like freedom? Yes, yes. But it has to be folded so the water runs my way. Didn’t you know?

8. Kevin on February 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Victor,

I hear that you always welcome young talented people to mentor so I send this email to you. I am not sure if your firm still have a trader position available? I know it’s quite weird that someone approaches you like this but basically, I think I should try rather than assuming that it doesn’t work.

I hope to hear back from you and wish you all the best.

Thank you for the book and this website.

Best
    Kevin
    7kevin.nguyen@gmail.com

9. vicasdfasdf on February 13, 2014 3:25 pm

kevin should send me a resume . you can send it here or call linda at 203 840077. The hate mail comes from two sources. A man with a 180 IQ who came here begging me to underwrite a system he developed for foreing exchange which was 100 % accurate as it always caught the range of the day. Also from a man I have a judgment of 2 big against whose bounced checks and wrongful guarantee I have.

10. Shane Hurren on February 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Mr. Watson,

Regarding your blog, I was hoping that after my last post it might motivate you to put it back up. I really hope that my posts didn’t have any influence on bringing it down:

11. jeff watson on February 15, 2014 8:35 am

Shane, I am putting back my books link section of the blot, possibly as soon as this week. It will have to be masteroftheuniverse2, but I will announce it when I get it up. There’s going to be some exciting additions, and all books are fully downloadable. I have around 5 different categories, and the market related section has some real gems. As for removal of the blog, I did it for personal and family reasons and you had nothing to do with it.