Jan

skiiersI spent the weekend at Massanutten, located 2.5 hours west of Washington DC, with my family. We had a great time, and the girls were very excited to go skiing for the first time in their life. I decided to sign them up to the ski school program called Slopesliders. They got their buttons with their names on it, and started their first day of lessons. I am a very good skiier, but I wanted them to go the ski school. Why? Because instructors have the right method to teach and because my girls would never listen to me: "Stop it Dad, we always have to do what you say! Let us do it our way….". Instructors were very good, they were teaching about: "pizza wedge" and "french fries", increasing the difficulty step by step and visualizing concepts and ideas. They managed to build up the kids' confidence with their new tools (the skis) and themselves. After only two days it is amazing what these girls could do on the slopes (like any other kid anyway). They managed to replicate movements and develop their own style so quickly. (Actually pizza wedges reminded me, triangles and french fries sideways moves in the market, and the importance of visualizing patterns and trends). Finding good teachers is very important to give you the basics and tools on which you can then build your own style and approach.

Comments

1. Tim McConville on January 25, 2010 7:43 pm

The Pezzutti girls are expert skiers after only three days on the slopes. Congratulations, Paolo!

2. Carla on January 25, 2010 8:01 pm

dear gatto,
    I really like your story. It's amazing that you can write a story. I love you.

love CARLA.

3. Anonymous on January 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Dear Mr.Paolo

I enjoyed your story very much. It is creative. You are a great skier. I do not think I am able to go to black diamond yet.

your friend,
    MARGARET

4. Grace on January 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Dear Gatto,
    I have a lot of fun skiing with you, Carla, Livia, Margaret, Finn, and
    everybody else. I think you are a very good skier! My favorite skiing hills are lift 5, southern comfort, and geromino. What're your favorite slopes? Let's have fun tomorrow.

Love,
    Grace
    P.S you're a great gatto!

5. Livia on January 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Dear Daddy,
    I really liked your story. I think you are a great skier. I liked mid station number 5. I turned slowly. I fell only one time. I can’t wait to go on black diamond. I really like skiing. Me, Grace, Carla, Finn and Margaret are going on the black diamond.

your friend
    Livia

6. Federica on February 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Ciao Pezzu,

che piacere ritrovarti papà così saggio.
    La pizza ha fatto sorridere molto anche me, la prima volta che ho sentito utilizzare questo termine da un maestro di sci “alpino”..

Un abbraccio

Federica

P.S.: complimenti alle pezzu’s girls….saranno sicuramente grandi sciatrici!

7. paolo on June 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Cara Federica,
    abbiamo perso i contatti ma mi piacerebbe molto risentirti. Scrivimi.
    Paolo