May

25

 I took a son to a Yankees game yesterday.

The score was 2-0 on a two hitter to Yankees favor at the end of sixth inning. We left.

The royals won 6-2 scoring 6 in the last 3 innings.

The S&P did the same thing after the minutes failed to have the desired Fed effect.

Was it chance or was our impatience a sign of expanded potential for a reversal in baseball and markets?


Comments

Name

Email

Website

Speak your mind

3 Comments so far

  1. Anonymous on May 26, 2017 3:35 am

    What are specs views on mark zuckerberg’s harvard commencement speech? http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/25/mark-zuckerberg-calls-for-universal-basic-income-at-harvard-speech.html

    I was just in sweden and denmark and on the surface it seems like a utopia. Socially liberal aside from drugs, strong entreneurial activity, migrant problem in sweden however swedes have very strong work ethic maybe attributable to protestantism. Government excessively taxes sales and income and not wealth and property. As an american that does speak swedish it was very eye opening to be there after eight years. The quality of life aside from the rainy winters is exceptional. I don’t like the female domination of society and excessive focus on design to no end, but at the moment it appears the pros outweigh the cons. Maybe its at its peak and unsustainable and maybe life in tje US is about to get much much better.

  2. Mark A Bates on May 26, 2017 12:56 pm

    It ain’t over till it’s over…or so I’ve heard.

  3. Truthseeker on May 27, 2017 5:51 am

    The S&P is playing a game, the just of which is as follows: 90% of the time ETH is used by algos to move the market, during RTH volatility is suppressed and stops are run (preferably on both sides), price action is v slow to bore/frustrate traders thus causing mistakes/losses. The other 10% of the time (after a small pullback) central banks etc (SNB, BOJ, China’s SAFE etc) buy on dips.

    FAANG stocks are pulling up Nasdaq/SP500, which then pulls the other indexes up. It is ofc a Ponzi scheme, but will not be allowed to fail. The retiring boomer generation worry our overlords, and they will continue to inflate assets for the foreseeable future.

    When (in the still distant future) this crashes, the taxpayer will be forced to pick up the bill. Someone convenient will be blamed. That’s the way the story goes…

Archives

Resources & Links

Search